6 Strengths in Alumni Management – The IntraWorlds Difference
Successful alumni management means retaining and rebuilding connections with former employees, while simultaneously increasing business development, rehiring and employer branding. With the world bursting at the seams with social media accounts and HR tech tools, what makes the IntraWorlds | Alumni solution successfully rise above the clutter? Based on a thorough comparison, we have identified 6 key topics that differentiate IntraWorlds’ alumni management technology from other vendors:
1. Modern Design & Higher Usability
2. Integration & Automation
3. Flexibility & Configuration
4. Personalized Communication
5. Relationship Management
6. Progressive Profiling
Modern Design & Higher Usability
When it comes to alumni management, it’s important to recognize the value in the appearance and the usability of the platform. The platform is a direct reflection of an organization and offers a powerful opportunity for employer branding, however, looks can only get you so far. In order to achieve a truly successful alumni network, the platform must also be user-friendly. Fortunately, the IntraWorlds | Alumni solution offers both, the looks and the brains.
- The looks: IntraWorlds | Alumni features a feed-based start page displaying the newest and most relevant content at the top creating a viewing style that is perfect for scrolling and is similar in design to the most successful social media networks globally. This results in a familiar and positive user experience for both the alumni and alumni managers.
- The brains: The platform automatically categorizes alumni into pools and groups assigning content that is specifically tailored to each alumni. This creates a seamless process for alumni managers and streamlined information for alumni, which results in higher reception and overall usability of the network.
Integration & Automation
The role of an alumni manager is to build relationships with alumni and increase the value of the network, but with numerous administrative tasks on their plate, focusing on alumni can be challenging. That’s why together with alumni managers IntraWorlds has identified the most time consuming, repetitive tasks and were able to convert them into automated functions so that alumni managers can focus on what’s most important – alumni.
- Admin automation: The IntraWorlds technology can be configured to completely automate
administrative processes, engagement activities and activity alerts. IntraWorlds integrates seamlessly with your CRM which is ideal for sharing of information. For example, when new alumni join the network, an automatic trigger is alerted and a welcome campaign with several subsequent messages are sent to the new member ensuring constant, personalized and effective communication.
Flexibility & Configuration
When it comes to the backend of the platform, it’s important that the configuration and overall structure is flexible to an organization’s needs. The reality is, companies expand, merge and shift over time which ultimately leads to necessary changes of the profile layout and processes. While most vendors require time for developing these adjustments, IntraWorlds is able to easily implement changes to the structure through configuration, saving you time and money in the process.
- Adaptable design: IntraWorlds platform features the ability to define and configure the profile fields, content objects, layout, filters, triggers and alerts for processes within the network. This allows you the freedom to change defined fields at any time, giving the power of customization to each organization. Not needing to develop these profile adjustments results in a more cost effective and time efficient process.
Research shows that the likelihood of a person opening and engaging further on social networks significantly increases when the communication is personalized rather than generalized. Nobody likes to feel like one of the masses, they want to feel like one in a million. In order to create an engaging platform that is able to generate consistent alumni traffic, it’s important to
make things personal.
- Making it personal: IntraWorlds’ communication and mail templates are highly personalized including not only personal salutations but personalization of the entire email content. All information and interactions is stored in the alumni relationship management platform which can be utilized for customizing content. This ensures that each member is spoken to directly and results in higher engagement and increased platform traffic.
The purpose of creating an alumni network is to strengthen relationships with alumni, which is why
it’s important to partner with a software provider who has the technology to support you in doing so. As with any strong relationship, communication is at the heart of it all and transparency is key. Unlike other software providers, IntraWorlds platform is strategically designed for optimum transparency as all communications and alumni touch points are stored in an internal CRM, creating one centralized place for alumni specific communications.
- One stop shop: Internally storing communications through CRM eliminates the need for operating two separate systems and enables you to quickly navigate through the history of a particular alumni group or individual. The platform creates full transparency of communication of the latest touch points with individual alumni and alumni groups which ensures that no communication with alumni is lost or forgotten. In addition, it is able to determine the most interesting interactions with alumni based on opening & click rates helping to determine which content is the most successful.
In order for an alumni network to operate to it’s fullest potential, relevant up-to-date information is key. The more information alumni provide in their profile, the better. The information provided allows for alumni managers and the system to stay in touch, identify preferences and provide them with a superior alumni experience, therefore the importance of profile completeness is crucial.
- Profile completeness:IntraWorlds features a progressive profiling box on the start page that automatically prompts alumni to complete and update their profile step by step. This automated process ensures that alumni managers have access to completed, up to date information for each alumni member, making job matching and targeted content significantly easier which results in increased alumni traffic.
While other vendors provide a content management platform, IntraWorlds has developed an end-to-end alumni relationship management solution. When you choose IntraWorlds as your alumni relationship management provider, you are not only gaining cutting edge technology, but also a strategic partner who is looking to further your alumni network on an ongoing basis. IntraWorlds ensures seamless integration of existing IT infrastructure such as marketing, HR and CRM systems and offers ongoing support throughout by sharing industry best practices, interactive workshops, webinars, and events.
To become apart of the IntraWorlds | Alumni family, or to learn more about our solution, feel free to contact us and we’ll be sure to be in touch.